With the Robonova, I had the original CD. This contained version 2.5 of the software. The software installed fine, but when I opened it, there was something that was not quite right. Thinking that perhaps an update existed to make it work better with more recent versions of Windows, I contacted technical support and was able to get an updated version, 2.8. Unfortunately, this did not improve the situation.
What I was encountering was that where the source code pane needed to display, there was an empty space. I tried running in compatibility mode. Unfortunately, that made things worse as I started to get errors about unregistered ActiveX controls. When I tried Win7 and WinXP compatibility modes, I would get a "MSINET.ocx not installed" type of message.
I was at a loss. I tried a few different options with no luck, and was about raise the white flag when I recalled that the latest version of the software contained a Windows Vista file. It was a .bat file and when I opened it, the contents contained many statements involving the registering of ActiveX controls.
The file locations differed from my 64 bit Windows 10 installation, but I figured it was a good start at a last-ditch solution. I took note of all the .ocx file names, and went into the c:\windows\syswow64 folder and registered each manually.
I wasn't expecting much, but when I opened the program -- success! My source code pane displayed.
Here are the commands that I issued to make it all work.
regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\mscomm32.ocx regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\COMCT332.ocx regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\MSCOMCTL.ocx regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\MSCOMCTL.ocx regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\COMDLG32.ocx regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\MSINET.ocx regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\cmcs21.ocx